Zone 3 Projects (Watford City and surrounding areas)
The Watford City area will be busy again this construction season. Work has begun or will begin soon on the following projects:
- Turn lanes and lighting on US 85 from south of the junction of ND 23 to 3 miles south of the junction of US 2.
- Slurry seal on US 85 from 7.5 miles north of Grassy Butte to the north end of the Long X Bridge. 6.3 miles.
- Widening, paving, turn lanes, lighting and signals on US 85 from the junction of ND 23 to the junction of ND 23A.
- ND 23 from 7th Street in Watford City to 1 miles east of the junction of 1806 (including the Cherry Creek Bridge – carryover project).
- Widening, paving on ND 23 from Johnson’s Corner north to near the junction of ND 22. (carryover project)
- Chip seal coast on ND 73 from Johnson’s Corner (23/73) east to the junction of ND 22. 11.3 miles.
- Grading, paving and roundabout at the intersection of ND 23 and County Road 10 near Keene. Completion 2016. .7 miles.
- Chip seal coat on ND 1806 from the junction of ND 23 to Charlson. 8.2 miles.
News about these projects will be made available as soon as released on this website as well as on Facebook, Twitter and text message.
Zone 3 Project Map
Click on map to enlarge